Thursday, June 25, 2009

Stuck in Memphis

So, day one of my travels and I didn't even make it more than a six hour car ride from home. I left Springfield on time and made it to Memphis just fine. In Memphis, however, everything started to unravel. First, we were all seated on board the plane, ready to go, when they asked us to get off the plane. That plane wasn't going anywhere because of a maintenance issue. So, I waited my turn in line to find out when I could catch another flight to Newark, so that I could connect on to Madrid. Well, wouldn't you know, there were either no flights that would get me to Madrid on time, or all seats were full on flights that might have been able to get me to Madrid even a little later. So, here I am, in Memphis, just six hours down the road from Springfield. Oh, and to make the day even more eventful, the airlines, either Northwest or Continental, or both, lost one of my bags. And by lost, I mean neither airline has any idea where it might be. I keep telling myself God has a purpose in all of this. So, I will stay here tonight and try this all over again tomorrow: leave for Newark at 2:00, connect to the Madrid flight at 8:30, and arrive in Madrid at 10:05 on Saturday morning - 24 hours after I was originally supposed to arrive. The upside is that the hotel has a sleep number bed, so at least I get to try it out and see if it really works. :) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment