¡Bienvenidos a mi blog! Welcome to my blog! I thought it might be fun to keep a "journal" about different things I do related to teaching Spanish, so here it is! Hope you enjoy...
Friday, July 30, 2010
Adios Salamanca
Classes are done, exams are over, and now I'm packing to go home. And once again I realized that I am a TERRIBLE blogger!!! I guess I never have been good at journaling, no matter how much I make the attempt. Oh well!
My time here has been great and while I am very ready to go home, there are things that I am going to miss terribly. I will miss the beautiful walk to school in the morning - the (sometimes) cool air, the clean streets, the centuries-old buildings, walking the same streets that so many influential people have walked before me.
I will miss the amazing instruction from the University professors - from Angela and her unique way of teaching the depths of Spanish grammar, to Enrique and his unquestionable gift of art-knowledge, the way he explains art history like it is a spell-binding novel, and his unbelievable patience.
I will miss Bambu - the restaurant where I watched all the World Cup games, that has great tapas and a great waiter, Benja, who knows about gluten intolerance and tells me immediately what I can and cannot eat.
I will miss the Plaza Mayor, especially when it is lit up at night. I will even miss the rough castellanos - the people from this region who admit to being a little cold and stand-offish, but who, once you get to know them, are very helpful and seemingly loyal.
And I will miss all of the great people that I have met and shared these last two summers with - people from whom I have learned so much and who have made an impact on my life in one way or another, people who I now call friends.
While I realize that we will all go our separate ways now, I know that the times that we have shared here will always be something that unite us, no matter where we end up in the world. If anything, I have earned not only a master's degree while here, but truly the experience of a lifetime!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment