That is one of the chants that everyone has been singing for these last few weeks leading up to the World Cup finals. It is 1:14 a.m. here in Spain, and while I know it is WAY TOO late to be blogging - since I have class tomorrow and should be sleeping - SPAIN WON THE WORLD CUP TONIGHT for the first time EVER!!!!! It was amazing, and still is! I have never seen Spaniards in this part of the country show so much passion and emotion! As some of my friends and I were walking back after midnight to our dorm, the streets & plazas were still packed with people - entire families having a snack at the cafés, cars speeding down the streets honking their horns. As I overheard one person say, "It's like New Years." This has truly been a once-in-a-lifetime experience for me and I feel so blessed to be able to be here to see it all unfold. VIVA LA ROJA!!!
Cyndi said,
ReplyDeleteIt was one of the greatest experiences in my life and like you said being here last night was a blesssing.