Friday, June 25, 2010

I'm Leaving on a Jet Plane...

... but thankfully I do know when I'll be back again. =)  5 weeks!!  Aaahhhh!!!  5 weeks suddenly seems like a long time, even though I know that in the large scheme of life it really isn't.  So with the new airline baggage limits, I was making it my goal to only take one suitcase on this trip.  Notice I said "was making it my goal."  I  tried; I really, really tried.  But, sadly, I just couldn't do it within the baggage weight limit.  So, I'm taking two bags and paying a ridiculous amount of money for the second bag.  What doesn't make sense to me is why it costs so much for an extra bag to Europe, but not to Africa or Asia...hmmm...???  Oh well - they just earned some more money off of my inability to fit everything for five weeks - including the towels that aren't provided by my residence hall - into one fifty-pound bag. =(

too much for five weeks? or not enough....?

So today it is.  For those of you who know of my experience last summer when I left for Spain (if you don't know and you're interested, you can go back and read the blog posts), I ask that you pray for me today, that all will go well with each leg of the journey (Springfield-Memphis-Amsterdam-Madrid), and that I will make it to Madrid and then on to Salamanca on time.  I have a bus seat purchased from Madrid to Salamanca for tomorrow afternoon when I arrive in Madrid, and hotel reservations made in Salamanca.  I will move in to my residence hall Sunday afternoon.

So much packed in to the next couple of days for me with all the different travel arrangements and then moving in to the dorm, a meeting on Sunday evening and then classes starting Monday morning.  I thank you for your prayers for me during this time - I thank the Lord daily for people in my life who support me in prayer; I know I wouldn't make it through without it. :)

For now, before my flight takes off this afternoon, I've got two World Cup games to watch: Brazil vs. Portugal and Chile vs. Spain.  And I hope, hope, hope that Spain wins theirs. :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment